- Learn about the local culture – it will make you cooler in the eyes of locals and only by knowing the local tradition and customs you can get the brightest experience.
- Dress accordingly. Climate is warm here, so if you are coming in winter, the weather will be 0 maximum (usually), not less. In summer it’s pretty hot – 35-40 degrees during July-August.
- Have enough money in your pocket, during your trip, as Baku is one of the most expensive post-Soviet countries.
- And of course – visa. Read complete guide here.
eVisa is not for individuals and you don’t need to register there: http://evisa.mfa.gov.az/. It’s for licensed travel companies that will use it and give your application/information to Ministry of Foreign Affairs, which will issue your eVisa. You only need to fill the application form together with the required documents below and then send them to the travel company, or directly write to the travel companies if you need any help and fast consultation.
- Filled application form
- Passport scan
- 2 colored photos (3×4)
- Hotel reservation
- Ticket to Azerbaijan and back
eVisas are available for a maximum duration of 30 days. Price: 20 USD