According to new regulations, foreign citizens who have tickets for the 1st European Games held in Baku, are able to get visa upon arrival at the international airports of Azerbaijan. Those single entry visas will be valid for 30 days, so that means you can enjoy your stay fully and travel around inside the country.
The following documents will need to be presented at the airport:
- a completed application form (available on this page, aircraft and at the airport). Please fill out the Visa Application Form in capital letters by hand;
- the relevant person’s passport, which is valid for at least three months after the planned departure from the Republic of Azerbaijan;
- 2 (two) passport-size colour photos of 3×4 cm, against a white background;
- a Baku 2015 European Games ticket purchase confirmation;
- The fee for granting a visa has to be paid in cash on arrival. Fees may vary based on bilateral treaties between Azerbaijan and the country of origin. Please check the most updated visa fee information on electronic display at the visa desk.
Attention! If there is less than 3 months before the expiry of a foreigner’s passport, a visa will not be granted.
Please see the attached document for visa fees.
- As you enter the airport, go to the passport control desks, where your passport will be checked;
- You will then be asked to go to the visa desk;
- Give the visa official your ticket purchase confirmation/invitation, passport photos and completed visa application form (you should be given a copy to complete if you do not have this with you);
- You will be asked to pay cash for your visa (we recommend that you bring USD or EUR in cash to pay your visa fee). You can use ATMs located at the international airports to extract cash money;
- Make sure that you are issued with a green receipt of visa fee payment by the visa desk and check the amount and currency on the receipt;
- You may then proceed through the passport control desk.
According to the Law “On State fees” (article No 17.2) foreigners and stateless persons listed below are free from paying state fees for obtaining a visa to the Republic of Azerbaijan:
- member of state representative staff and official persons;
- representatives of international humanitarian organisations in the Republic of Azerbaijan;
- persons studying via state programs and working on pedagogical activity;
- traveling for official defence purposes.
Citizens of the following countries holding ordinary passports can obtain a visa without paying a state fee:
- In accordance with the agreement between the Republic of Azerbaijan and the Republic of Turkey, citizens of Turkey holding an ordinary passport can obtain a visa:
- in the diplomatic representatives and consulates of the Republic of Azerbaijan – without paying a state fee;
- in the visa divisions of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Azerbaijan operated in international airports – at a cost of 10 USD;
- Residents of Turkey can get a visa at the airport without an invitation.
- Citizens of Japan can obtain a visa without paying state fees;
- Citizens of the Pakistan Islamic Republic holding ordinary passports can obtain a 15 days visa without paying state fees;
- Residents of Israel can get visa at the airport without an invitation by paying a state fee.
Registration for the more than 10 days stay
NOTE: Foreigners arriving in the Republic of Azerbaijan for a period of more than 10 days are required to be registered within the first 10 days of arrival (the day of arrival is counted as the first day). For this purpose, upon arrival at a hotel, boarding house, camp site, apartment or other living space, the administrator of that place or the owner (“the receiving party”) should submit anapplication form including a copy of the relevant passport personally or via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) to the State Migration Service of the Republic of Azerbaijan. At the same time, registration can be done online through the website of the State Migration Services of the Republic of Azerbaijan.
Failure to register, or to register in a timely manner, may result in a fine.
For more details on this, please check the official website of State Migration Service of the Republic of Azerbaijan.